Device Requirements and Troubleshooting
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Smart Phone
You can access the job fair portal from most devices, as long as you have access to the internet.
Web cam and microphone
To be sure your web cam and microphone are working, please test in your browser window. The links below are examples of ways to test. (Not affiliated with ABILITY Job Fair)Online Web Cam and Mic Test
Chrome browser is the recommended browser. Firefox and MS Edge may work, but are not supported by our team. Safari will not work. Chrome must be the latest update.
Steady Internet Connection
To stay connected to the job fair portal, a steady (uninterrupted) internet connection is important. Please be as near to a wifi signal as possible.
Trouble Shooting Connection Issues
Web cam or mic not working
Check "Chrome Settings Permission" for Chrome browser to use your camera. Insert these shortcuts into your browser window:
*Be sure you can see your camera and microphone are present. Sometimes rebooting your computer can help.
Job Fair Portal is too big (or small) for my screen
If you're having trouble viewing the full screen on your desktop or laptop computer, you can adjust your browser view. The Chrome browser has at Zoom feature that you can adjust. Instructions:
- Go to the upper right corner of Chrome.
- Click three dots
- Use the Zoom [- 100% +]
I get a black screen when I go to the job fair portal.
A Black screen means that something is blocking your connection to the job fair portal.
- Close/reopen your browser and clear ALL history, except passwords.
- Check your microphone and web cam are connected to Chrome.
- Deactivate Chrome Extensions in the browser or use an "incognito" window.
- Move closer to internet connection.
- Try rebooting computer.
- Try rebooting router.
I get cut off when talking to a recruiter.
Keep in mind that recruiter meetings are brief and connections may time out. If the time was less than 5 minutes, your internet connection may have dropped. Try these things:
- Move closer to the source of the connection (router)
- Click "redial' to see if you can reconnect.
- If you keep dropping connection, try to reboot your router.
How to use the "incognito" window in Chrome
Instructions for opening Chrome Incognito Window
- Open Chrome browser.
- At the top right of the window, click 3 dots ()
New Incognito Window.
- A new window appears. In the top corner, check for the Incognito icon .
- Login to the job fair from this window.